Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fishtail

     Okay, so last year, and this year, (but last year was when I learn how to do this braid) the fishtail braid has been pretty popular. But until last year I had had really no interest in figuring out how to do this complicated-looking braid. My family had always called them fishbone or herring bone braid. which probably was part of my distance from it.:) This braid is super simple once you get it down. It's a technique. The only tips I know to give first-time fishtailers is to keep it SUPER tight, at first, if you want to loosen it if you want that messy sort of look. And also use small pieces in your braid, slightly smaller than the size of pieces I'm using in my video. 
Have Fun Hair-doing!
 
Supplies needed:
  1. If you want it curly like how I have it in the video, you're going to need to scrunch your hair before you start.
  2. 1-2 thinner or elastic ponytail holders. this depends on your preference, and the thickness of your hair.
  3. Your amazing hair-doing skills and a positive attitude!

 
Steps:
  1. Scrunch your hair. I've shown you two different ways in my tutorials, but whatever you do make sure it's curly up by the roots if you want the curls to show.
  2. Pull all of your hair over to one side.
  3. Split your hair into two equal pieces.
  4. Start the braid by taking a small piece from one of your two pieces. Take that smaller piece under the bigger piece you took it from, and join it with the other of the two pieces.
  5. PULL IT TIGHT! A repeat the same thing on the other side.
  6. Keep repeating until braid is long enough to your satisfaction.
  7. Optional: loosen it and make it messy of you'd like.
     This hairdo can be done on dry hair or wet hair, again it's your preference. I love this hairdo, hope you enjoy it too! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment