Sunday, July 26, 2015

Faux Sock Bun

 
Supplies Needed:
  1. detangler comb
  2. regular comb
  3. 2 ponytail holders (1 thick, 1 thin the color of your hair)
  4. booby pins (if desired)
  5. headband (if desired)


Steps:
  1. pull your hair into a high ponytail.
  2. take the hair in your ponytail and begin to twist the hair around the original hair band, making a bun.
  3. depending on the length of your hair the bun might go around once twice or even three times. once you've twisted it into a bun, slowly twist/ nudge the bun the opposite direction loosening it.
  4. once you've loosened it to your liking it should bare resemblance to a sock bun.
  5. Take your thin ponytail holder and put it over the bun. do not be overly worried about it touching the bun if you do not want to see were you put the end into the bun. it should go around at least twice.
        I absolutely stink at sock buns! I can pull a very messy one off, but I definitely prefer this method. Of course I didn't entirely make up this method, I've seen it floating around school, and what not. I did tweak it a little to look more like a sock bun. Sock buns can be even more difficult with curly hair, I hope you like this hairdo as much as I do!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment